During my 8 months (recently) completed living in Denmark, I have already attended to several meetings. Copenhagen,Århus,Odense,Arslev,Odder and there are more to come during the next weeks in some other Danish cities or municipalities.
Every time I have a meeting with someone in Dk, before talking about the business we talk about how I came to Denmark, what am I doing here and so on… I use this introductory conversation to understand how much knowledge the person I am talking to has about to Brazil. It is really interesting to see that many Danes still know very little about Brazil. So from that perspective it makes a lot of sense to understand Danes are still not investing massively in Brazil as Swedes or Norwegian for instance. These, historically decided to go and invest in Brazil before, which therefore contributed for their higher level of comprehension and knowledge about Brazil.
A few interesting things Danish Decision makers should know about the Brazilian Economy
- São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Minas Gerais are alone responsible for 53,1% of the Brazilian GDP.
- All these states are located in the Southeast region of Brazil
- The State with the largest economy is São Paulo with 32,6% followed by Rio de Janeiro with 11,2% and Minas Gerais 9,3%. In fourth comes Rio Grande do Sul with 6,4% and Paraná with 5,8%
- GDP per capita of the Brazilian federal district is almost three times higher the national GDP
- The states with the lowest GDP are Maranhão with R$ 7.852,71 and Piaui with R$ 7.835,75