In this post you will:
- Read what the major institutions, and think tanks have been forecasting for Brazil for the year of 2014
- See a list of 12 international fashion brands that have just landed in Brazil
According to Brazilian’s Central Bank, Moodys and a few other agencies, Brazil will be facing a year of moderate growth in 2014. What the main newspapers, forecasting agencies and “specialists” are estimating is a 3% growth rate on average for the year of 2014. The expectation is to have a lower growth than the historical average from the 10 last years where Brazil grew on average 3,6%.
But even at “tough times” several foreign groups have announced to establish their presence in Brazil in 2014, for their first time. Their “næste stop” is programmed for 2014 and quite a lot of brands have already established some kind of presence.
Check below the 12 fashion companies that announced Brazil as their “næste stop”…
# 1. H&M
According to an article released by Folha de São Paulo,a major Brazilian newspaper,H&M will be coming to Brazil in 2014 at full speed. So far they have announced that they will be opening only one shop. The shop will be located in São Paulo, at Paulista Avenue, one of the main avenues of the city.
# 2.Anne Fontaine
Anne Fontaine is a Brazilian stylist who was brought up in France. With more than 80 shops spread throughout the world Fontaine has opened her first shop in Brazil, in Rio de Janeiro during the month of Juy of 2013.
The Italian fashion label opened it’s first shop in early July of 2013.
The North American brand was in Brazil some years ago and decided to leave.GAP is back, and they have opened their shop in a upper class mall in São Paulo.
#5. Forever 21
The fast fashion North American Brand Forever 21 will be landing in Brazil for the first time. The first malls where the Brand will be opening their shops are in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. So far the press has confirmed that Forever 21 will be opening it’s doors untill 2014
# 6. TOD’S
Tod’s is an Italian brand very famous for it’s mocassin shoes with rubber soles. The Italian brand has opened it’s first shop in one of São Paulo’s upper class malls. This is the first of three shops that are planned to be opened during the year of 2014.
# 7. Michael Kors
Michael Kors has opened it´s first shop in 2013, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
# 8. Desigual
The Spanish fashion label has landed in Brazil in 2013. They plan to open 50 shops until 2017 and start producing some of their clothes in Brazil.
# 9. Breiting
The Switz watches brand Breiting, has opened their first shop in Brazil in a upper class mall located in São Paulo
# 10. Fred Perry
Fred Perry also landed in Brazil in 2013 and opened one shop in São Paulo in a upper class mall. They plan to open more shops in the long run
# 11. New Balance
New Balance has been selling their snickers in Brazil for a long time, but always through distributors and representatives. Now, New Balance has oficially landed in Brazil and opened their very first shop in an upper class mall in São Paulo.
# 12. Rochas
The French fashion label has landed in São Paulo,Brazil. The operation is being focused to the masculine audience. Rochas plans to open 5 shops in 4 years.
- São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro are still the major consumer markets in Brazil. As you could read in the article most Brands opened their shops in São Paulo or Rio de Janeiro. In this article, you can see the 300 hundred largest cities of Brazil.
- Fashion Brands tend to open and test their market in these cities, probably given the consumption power avaiable and due to the number of people with the possibilities to consume higher priced products and services when compared to other locations in Brazil
- Eventhough specialists forecast a low growth rate for Brazil, brands are seeing Brazil as a place full of opportunities and are coming at full speed.Take a look at this mall study article to understand better some Brazilian consumer behaviour patterns and the mall industry in Brazil
Did I miss out on something? Let me know! also if you would like to be in touch or to start a discussion, put it on the discussion thread.